Visual Approach (Additional Info-ref links/image inspiration)

This video will be done in 2D digitally. I will be using TVPaint, Photoshop, Paint Tool SAI and After Effects. Nothing is completely set in stone, but I know I want to have something simple in terms of drawings and colours. Everything will be as simple as possible to make life easier. For example, a tree will have 2-3 tonal colours, light, mid and dark or light and dark. Same thing goes for animation. All characters will need to be simplified further. I’m contemplating applying and airbrush feel to things related to nature, such as shrubs and trees. Otherwise everything will be “overly simplified painterly” for the backgrounds, while animation will be solid colours with darker spots here and there to show shading.
Most of my inspiration comes for this film comes from anime and manga, some of which includes "Gingitsune", "Kitsune no Yomeiri" and "Kakemakumo, Kashikoki", just to name a few. I'll post images and links to these references soon. Due to the "shoujo" genre of my film, I hope to be able to incorporate those nonsensical backgrounds that appear in "shoujo" anime and manga.
From Gingitsune: This anime and manga is has good references for the shrine setting and traditional shrine maiden clothing.
Here is a link to Gingitsune-Episode 12.
Regarding the shading of the characters, I hope to be able to do something similar with the ones shown above.
The two images above are shrine setting references.
-----------------------
Other influences include:
Gugure! Kokkuri-san: This anime is full of images and scenes that are good reference materials for the Japanese home and shrine setting and also male traditional clothing. One of the main characters just happens to be a fox spirit too, although male.
Here is a link to Gugure! Kokkuri-san-Episode 1.
Here are some images that I plan on using as reference for clothing the husband may wear:

Some screenshots from episode 2 of Gugure! Kokkuri-san:
I want to colour my backgrounds something like the 2 images below. I like the simple look.
An example of one of those "nonsensical" backgrounds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment