Artist Statement (Additional Info-ref links/image inspiration)

As a kid and up until now, I’ve always been interested in Japanese culture, especially Manga and Anime. One of my favourite genres has always been the “shoujo” aka “girls” themed stories, which are all about life and romance for young girls and teens. The sparkly, flowery backgrounds and scenes that get the heart going “doki doki” or “heart beating” are key elements in the shoujo genre that still excite me to this day. With this grad film I hope to be able to create a film that combines my love for myth and god stories along with romance. Expect lots of cliché~
------------------------
Although the feeling of drama in Hybrid Child is different in comparison to how Sunshowers will be, I find that the historical setting and the idea of a being that isn't human, having emotions relates to my film.
Below is the OVA, Original Video Animation, of Hybrid Child:
Hybrid Child OVA 1
I'll post a video when and if I can find it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment